October 23, 2006

Joining the Military

Gonna join the military on 10/25, 4 months after the graduation from the university. So far I feel ok, and don't worry much. It's probably becasue Sherlock, one of my friends who was also a Navy, told me pretty much about the life in the training center and what I needed to bring.

Besides, I have many American friends who join the military. For example, Anthonie Hoffman, going to Naval Academy, is now in the Marine Corp. Lydia Amarok, Li-Li, is having two-week training in Kuwait before foward operation base. Mr. Moore, my history teacher, was a soldier in Iraq. And there are more. I believe if they can make it, I would be surely fine with it, and no need mention that my grandfather was a veteran. I would be in the military for 1 year and 4 months for the longest, and maybe shorter, not sure yet.

Lastly, wish good luck to all my friends and myself as well. Take care!

No comments: