June 18, 2011

My 2nd Home


View Larger Map

I visited my 2nd home in Whiteriver from 5/31 to 6/14. Everything seems the same, though you can always find the differences. The house looks the same, but Jeremy doesn't stay there anymore, and people stay at different rooms. Everyone has their babies, except Eli and Paul. Eli and Paul are taller than me, and look like a man now.

The roads, the streets, and the houses look the same, but it's hard to believe that I forget the trail that I used to run on and the one I walk to wait for the school bus. I know the directions where they are, but just feel strange when I walk on them again. Maybe It's just too long for 9 years.

The air is dry as usual. However, it's so dry that I get the chapped lips, and even need to buy the lip balm, which I don't think I ever do before.The sun rises around 5am and sets around 8pm. It's so hot in the daytime, and the sunshine is too strong to open my eyes. I got sunburned on the first day of the arrival. Also, there are so many fires going on in Arizona at the same time and people always talk about the fires. These are not matched with my memory.

I don't see the ants, rats or cockroaches inside the house, and the foods don't spoil, even though you don't put them into the fridge. I really love this. By the way, I see more spiders and bees this time.

The fried bread with beans and tortillas taste delicious as before. The burgers in US is bigger and better than in Taiwan, but it's more expensive for McDonald's and Burger King. I remember it usually costs less than $5 for the combo in McDonald's 9 years ago, but it costs me almost $10 for the combo of chicken sandwich now. Everything is getting more expensive.

I try some new things this time. I went fishing and caught a catfish and a trout, which seemed the first time ever to catch something with the fishing pole. I like the fish here, because it tastes sweet, and doesn't have many fish bones. Play a new game called "Horseshoe." Also jump into the water at Big Rock. The water is so cold that take away the heat as soon as you are in the water.

Award for Kid of the Year
Got to watch out for some kids this time as well. Isaiah used to be my favorite kid. Now it's Jeremiah and Chunky's daughter(Sorry, but I don't know how to spell her name). The boys are much wilder now. I don't think any kid is that wild by then. Good I don't need to babysit them. :p

A Trip with Reggie

It's the first time I meet Reggie. I never know we would have a great trip together. It's so nice and kind for him to do so. I get to know more about Navajo, Hopi, and the cultures of the Native Americans. He always explains everything and answer all my questions with patience. Moreover, show me around and take pictures for me. Want me to have some memory to take home. Still, allow me to play the Korean music in the car, and so on. There are so many things to thank him for. Hopefully I will be able to show him around in Taiwan someday.

With Apache Girls















Maybe the young girls will have their babies by the time I visit again. ^^

With Apache Boys















There are many missing in the pictures. We will make it up next time.

My Dearest Apache Family















My dearest family, you know how much I love you guys. Wish you the best, and hopefully we will meet very soon. By the way, Reggie is missing in the picture, and I should find a way to put him in the picture.

Lastly, there are so many people I should thank for: Grandmom, Debbie, Mona, Chat, Yoke, and many more. Thanks for being so nice to me, and treating like I am one of the family members. Miss you all and take care of yourselves. Look forward to meeting you again.

No comments: