July 09, 2006

AIESEC & I

When I just got into university, the city buses and the bike were my main transportation. It took me one hour to school, but I still enjoyed it. It's fun to take bus, because you can go ahead relax or watching people around you. Therefore, I took bus to school for the first semester, and never late for class. I believe this is one of the most amazing things that I have done in the university life.

However, I stoped taking bus, because in AIESEC, lots of chances that you had to go home late, or you would miss many activities, and couldn't hang out with the LC members. Then I suddenly go to get the license and start to take scooter, which was not in the plan of my university life. After that, I start to stay at school late, and many times stay at LC office by myself to do AIESEC stuff till the building was close. But I really enjoy that kind of life.

Whenever the elections were coming, need to spend 1~2 weeks to work out the manifesto. Do the best to write down the vision of the organization for next year. During the process, so many things need to be considered, X number, current reality, and so on. No matter how well-prepared you were, the subcommittee would always point out the parts that you don't think clear enough. It's not an easy process, but you would know this organization after this.

At the end of the term, there is a thing called "Transition", where the current team would speak to the elect team. Whenever watching the current in the transition, I felt touched by how much they contribute to the organization to drive it forward. We may only see the glory, but don't see the pressures they take and how hard they try till this moment. It's pretty normal you see the current crying while talking about what he or she has gone through this year. Now I can understand that feelings and the reasons. Even it's not an easy path, I believe I would make the same choice, if I could choose again.

I spend most of my time in AIESEC for 4 years. I leran many things, though I lose something as well. I know some young leaders. I make good friends. I can put the ideas into action. I can do some crazy things, which may never do in other places. I can go to many places for meetings. I know how to introduce Taiwan to the foreigners. I feel like being with the teammates and don't want to leave AIESEC.

However, the show must go on. All I can do now is to pass my knowledge and experience to the new generation. I just wish they can learn something from this organization, just like what I have learned. Nothing much. What would AIESEC be like years later? Not sure, but should be closer to the vision - "Peace and Fullfillment of Humankind's Potential."

No comments: